With the right attitude, every day is Earth Day, as well it should be. Without a healthy planet, human beings can not be healthy. We need the Earth and she needs us.
According to the World Bank’s World Development Indicators, as compared to the last 100 years, the past 5 decades have seen global warming double in speed and humans are to blame.
Global warming comes largely in part from the o-zone layer depleting because of carbon emissions and more greenhouse gases penetrating the Earth’s atmosphere. Many of these rays have radiation that alters our DNA and can cause cancer and among other is among other things, is melting the Polar Ice Caps.
Carbon dioxide comes from many sources mostly including automobiles and airplanes but other gas-consuming tools like lawn-mowers, de-forestation, and American consumption help contribute to the vanishing o-zone.
Easy Steps to help the Earth restore balance and reduce your carbon footprint:
- Place your computer in sleep mode or turn it off
- Use and Consume Less
- Take public transportation
- Shop Locally- Stick to the Essentials
- Limit water use while brushing and shaving
- Use Cloth Napkins instead of paper ones
- Save old rags and clothes for cleaning, instead of Paper Towels
- Turn off lights and unplug appliances when not in use
- Replace incandescent light bulbs with compact, fluorescent equivalents
- Insulate windows, crawl spaces, doors
- Switch to online banking and bill pay
- Remove yourself from junk mail lists here: http://www.catalogchoice.org
Most importantly, take the care the Earth; without ground to stand on, fresh air to breathe, water to drink, land to live on…where would we be?