Kripalu Essentials Series with Jane Jarecki Lanza
at Laughing River Yoga
October 8-November 19, 2010
Fridays, 4:30-5:30 pm for 7 weeks
$70 (only $10/class)
Drop in anytime for $13
Contact Jane to register.
The Essentials of Kripalu Yoga
a 7-week series
with Jane Jarecki Lanza
Welcome! This seven week series is designed for anyone who wants to strengthen and open their body, mind and spirit. This focused series will enhance your health and wellness through the practice of specific Kripalu yogic techniques. You will develop skills to be relaxed and grounded both on and off your mat. With a focus on alignment and breath, you will explore movement and stillness within the yoga poses. You will raise consciousness by honoring your body’s wisdom, linking each movement with the breath.
This Kripalu series includes:
- Opening discussion: yogic philosophy and meditation
- Pranayama practice/ breath techniques to master the breath
As B. K. S. Iyengar says, “without the breath, there is no yoga.” Patanjali writes in the Yoga Sutras, “When pranayama is mastered, the veil that covers the inner light is removed.”
- Pratapana, warming yogic movement to energize muscles and lubricate joints
- Stage 1 Kripalu- Focus on postural form and physical alignment
- Stage 2 Kripalu- Hold the pose, explore being still and focus on all types of sensation. Explore movements within each pose as well.
- We explore bits of Stage 3 Kripalu- Moving beyond thought into the freedom of true nature- a free flow of postures organically unfolds- the witness consciousness observes such.
- Guided relaxation/ savasana
- Closing meditation
In Kripalu Yoga we move through postures based on body wisdom rather than ego. This practice helps us to become more self-accepting, loving and trusting individuals. Simply show up on your mat, as you are, however you are feeling, without need to change a thing- this is where the journey begins. Kripalu yoga can become a part of any moment.
Suggested Kripalu Reading List (available through Kripalu website):
- Kripalu Yoga: A Guide to Practice On and Off the Mat, by Richard Faulds (Bantam Books)
- Self-Awakening Yoga: The Expansion of Consciousness through the Body’s Own Wisdom, by Don Stapleton (Healing Arts Press)
- The Key Muscles of Hatha Yoga, by Ray Long
- The Wisdom of Yoga: A Seeker’s Guide to Extraordinary Living, by Stephen Cope (Bantam Books)
Stay after this class for DJ Yoga Flow at 5:45 pm!